This appetizer is easy to prepare and will impress your guests! High quality, local ingredients are the star in these handheld bites. Make sure you make enough because they’ll go quick!
- 1 tube of refrigerated biscuits
- 6 pieces of Indiana Kitchen bacon, fried, drained and crumbled
- 1 6 oz. log Risin’ Creek Creamery Goat Cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup of chopped apple from Indiana Grown Kercher’s Orchard
- 1 ½ cup crushed potato chips
Preheat oven to 400 °F. Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly.
Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits. With kitchen scissors, cut each into quarters. Flatten each quarter into a 3-inch circle.
Place ½ tsp. of crumbled bacon into center of each circle, then add cheese cube and a ½ tsp. of apple.
Fold dough around filling, sealing tightly, and shape into balls.
Crush potato chips in food processor and place in small glass bowl.
Melt butter in another glass bowl in microwave for 35 seconds.
Dip shaped balls first in butter and then in the chips. Place one inch apart on prepared pan.
Bake at 400 °F for 10-12 minutes or until brown. Remove to serving tray and serve warm.
Submitted by: Kenda Friend
Indiana Grown Culinary Creations Contest