This easy recipe would make a great weeknight meal that will not disappoint! Using fresh, local ingredients makes it an even tastier dish!
- 2 cups Original Bisquick Mix
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. milk (Traders Point Creamery)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. canola oil (Healthy Hoosier Oil)
- 1/2 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. barbecue sauce (Shoup’s Country Barbecue Sauce) (Sweet & Spicy)
- 3/4 lb. cooked roast beef (from deli), chopped
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese (Traders Point Creamery Cheese)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, mustard, milk and egg until blended. Pour and spread in pan.
Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Don’t over bake, top will not be browned.)
Meanwhile, in a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook bell pepper and onion in oil for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Stir in barbecue sauce and beef.
Spread beef mixture over baked bread base. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake 4 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares.
Makes 8 servings.
Submitted by: Phyllis Hine
Indiana Grown Culinary Creations Contest