As the cooler weather starts our family starts wanting harder meals. One of the family favorites is my mom’s Beef’n Noodles.
- 1 1/2 Beef Roast
- 4 C. Beef Broth (4 t. or cubes Beef Bouillon and 3 C water)
- 1/2 C fresh Onions or to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 1/4 Cornstarch (stirred into 1 C cool water)
- 12 oz Whole Grain Wheat Fettuccine found at www.bigbrickhousebakery.com
- Add oil to a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat and toss to evenly coat cubes with flour.
- Brown half of the coated meat in hot oil. Remove from pan. Brown the remaining meat and remove. Set aside.
- In the same pan, brown the onion, adding oil, if necessary. Drain off any excess fat. Return all meat to the pot.
- Stir in the broth (add more bouillon and water to cover), salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- When meat is tender, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool briefly.
- Shred beef and set aside.
- Stir noodles into broth. Bring to a boil; you want these slightly underdone, they will continue cooking.
- Stir in Cornstarch mixture to thicken gravy
- Add beef to pot with noodles and bring beef back up to temperature.
Serve over Mashed Potatoes and have fresh Dinner Rolls ready.