This is an easy, quick and vegan recipe (it can be gluten free by using corn tacos).
- 4 to 6 medium sized flour tortillas or corn tacos
- 1 can beans (black beans or red kidney work well), drained
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large leaf of kale, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves or garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, torn or chopped
- 1/2 lime
- 4 – 6 tbsp salsa (salsa verde is my current favorite! – choose a sugar free one or make fresh if time!)
Don’t be afraid to adjust any of my recipe ideas to your taste! Cauliflower, sweet pots, squash…they all work well! I use whatever I have in the fridge that day. EXPERIMENT!
Stir fry the onion, garlic and peppers in a frying pan in a little oil, or a little oil and some water. After about 5 mins when beginning to soften, add the spices and the drained can of beans. Stir fry for a further 5 mins and add the kale. Season with salt and pepper and more spices if you wish. Add a handful of fresh cilantro if you have it. Serve on warmed or toasted tortillas/tacos and top with a tbsp salsa on each, plus cilantro and lime juice.