The 2018 Indiana State Fair may be over but the recipes we shared on the Indiana Grown Culinary Stage are good anytime! Below is 1 of the 32 recipes that was made on the stage during the 17 day run of the fair: Indiana Peach Salsa. Make it your own using seasonal, Indiana grown ingredients!
Indiana Peach Salsa
- 4-6 ripe yellow flesh peaches, pitted and diced
- 10 oz can Red Gold diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/4 C finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 C finely chopped sweet red onion
- 1 TBL cilantro, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 medium-sized lime
- 1 TBL brown sugar
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (OPTIONAL, for added spice)
Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Toss well to combine.
Chill in a covered container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
If well covered, salsa should keep for up to 5 days.