Grilling season is wrapping up, and we’ve got the perfect recipe to kick-start the summer! This barbecued salmon packs a punch with its spicy corn salsa!
- 1 large jalapeno pepper- seeded and diced
- 1 large sweet red pepper- seeded diced
- 2 fresh ears of corn- cooked, cooled and kernels cut off of the cob
- 1 TB Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- Juice and zest of of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 4 5- to 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets, 1/2 to 1 inch thick
- 1 C Barbecue sauce of your choice
Preheat an outdoor grill to a medium heat setting.
Place salmon on preheated grill (use non-stick foil on grill grate if you prefer).
Combine jalapeno, red pepper, corn, olive oil, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, juice and zest of lime and red onion in a small bowl and set aside.
Cook salmon for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until the fish is flaky.
Add a light coating of barbecue sauce to each side and remove from heat.
Serve immediately with a garnish of the sweet corn salsa.