*Featured Holiday Recipe*
This holiday fruit salad is sweet, but not too sweet, and it’s not watery like most fruit salads end up being. The coconut on top adds a beautiful festive garnish along with a great taste.
- 11 ounce can Mandarin oranges, drained and juices reserved
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained and juices reserved
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced thick
- 1 pint of strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 21 ounce can peach pie filling (remove a few spoonfuls of the filling ‘glue’ if desired, you can always add it later if you want a softer finish)
- 1/4 C shredded coconut flakes, toasted if desired
- In a small bowl add the apples and banana and pineapple and Mandarin juice.
- Allow to sit until the rest of the salad is assembled, drain and add to the salad bowl.
- In a large decorative bowl add the pineapple, mandarin oranges, strawberries and peach pie filling. Toss with the apples and bananas.
- Top with the coconut.