*Featured Holiday Recipe*
Honeycrisp apple bread is a taste of fall in every bite! This tender quick bread is seasoned with warm, earthy spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, and stuffed with bits of sweet, juicy apples. Apple pies, sauce, salads, butter, and the list goes on. One way that I enjoy apples is in the form of quick breads! I like to use Honeycrisp apples in this recipe but, you can use any good cooking apples.
- 1 C softened butter
- 2 C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple pie spice (or 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
- 3 large Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and chopped to the size of a pea
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat two 8×4 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to cream the butter and sugar, then blend in eggs (1 at a time) and vanilla.
- Sift in the dry ingredients, and mix on low speed to combine. (Batter will be thick).
- Fold in the apples with a spatula, then evenly distribute batter into both loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour. Watch bread in the last 5 minutes so as not to over bake. Bread is done when toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cool and serve.