*Featured Holiday Recipe*
Peach Glazed Ham Recipe may quite possibly be my favorite treatment for ham- ever. Sweet and tangy, this glaze forms the best crunchy exterior for a shank or spiral sliced ham. The ingredient list is 4 items long, and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare! I love making easy recipes during the holidays (well, all the time, actually). It gives me more time to prep side dishes or doing other chores that need to be done.
- 1 fully cooked, bone in shank end ham (about 9 lbs)
- ½ C peach preserves
- ¼ C Dijon mustard
- ¼ C dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place ham on a large platter and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove skin and all but a ¼ inch layer of fat from the ham.
- Set fat side up in center of roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine preserves, mustard, sugar and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Brush half of peach mixture on ham.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and brush on remaining peach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature on a thermometer reaches 140 degrees (1½ hours) and basting every 15-20 minutes.
- If bottom of roasting pan begins to scorch add about ¼ C of water to pan and continue basting.
- Transfer ham to a large cutting board.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut ham into thin slices and serve.