*Featured Holiday Recipe*
Make your friends and family swoon this Holiday season with a gift of homemade Pecan Bacon Brittle!
- 1/2 lb. Indiana Kitchen Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Grease or butter a large baking sheet.
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook and stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the syrup begins to boil.
- Using a candy thermometer to gauge the temperature, slowly increase heat to high until thermometer reads 300 degrees F. Immediately remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients (bacon pieces, chopped pecans, vanilla, butter and baking soda) to mixture. and stir. Be prepared for mixture to foam a bit as the baking soda reacts with other ingredients.
- When foaming stops, pour hot mixture onto baking sheet in a thin, even layer.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before breaking into pieces. Store in a covered container.
Candy thermometer needed.
Recipe from Indiana Grown Member – Indiana Kitchen.