*Featured Holiday Recipe*
Ground sausage, cheese and chives are mixed with biscuit dough to make these delicious sausage balls. They’re great for breakfast, a snack, a holiday party, or an appetizer.
- 1 pound of ground sausage (Medium or Hot & Spicy works)
- 2 cup of biscuit mix, like Bisquick
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Finely chopped chives
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- sour cream, to dip, optional
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Mix dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl; add chives, then incorporate the sausage.
- Form into small balls (about 1-inch in diameter). Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutesPro Tip – Make ahead of time and place in a resealable bag after they’ve cooled down. Then reheat in the oven for a few minutes until warm.