Five on Friday is an Indiana Grown feature of our members that shares FIVE interesting things about their farm or business.
Get to know member Blue Tulip Lane Farm as part of this week’s edition of Five on Friday!
1. Business/Farm Name
Blue Tulip Lane Farm
2. Where are you located (city/town) and what county?
Churubusco, Whitley County
3. What do you sell?/What does your business do?
We sell Meishan Pork and Meishan breeder pigs. We also sell backyard eggs.
4. What is an interesting fact about your business?
We have the only registered purebred herd of critically endangered Meishan pigs in Indiana. We belong to the American Meishan Breeders Association, the Livestock Conservancy, as well as Indiana Grown.
5. What are your plans for 2021?
1. We are working with 3 other farms from other states to work on genetic diversity of the Meishans to provide future operations more choice of stock. 2. We initiated our first local Farmers Market attempt and are seeing success. 3. We are hoping by year’s end to have stock moving to ownership in Southern Indiana to start a second registered herd in Indiana.
Learn more about Blue Tulip Lane Farm by visiting their Facebook!
Are you an Indiana Grown member and interested in being featured? If so, please complete THIS SURVEY. Members will be featured on Indiana Grown social media platforms as well as on the Indiana Grown website. After completing the survey, please email Indiana Grown a photo of your business operation at firstname.lastname@example.org.